There are several free ways to add money to your Fold Card. Read the details about each one so you can pick the method that best suits your needs. These methods can take between 1-5 business days for the deposit to show up in your Fold account.
If you are interested in funding your Fold Card instantly with a 1.5% fee please read our Instant Funding FAQ.
Within the app
- Recurring Deposits: Recurring Deposits allow you to deposit funds into your Fold Card from your bank account using a scheduled routine*. Set an amount and a frequency and that's it. Read more here: How do Recurring Deposits work?
- *Get rewarded with an Extra Spin every day as long as you have an active recurring deposit scheduled of at least $100. Read more here: More About Extra Spins.
- Direct Deposit: Direct deposit is a convenient and free way to add your paycheck, tax refund, or government benefits check to your Fold Card. You'll just need the account and routing numbers found here. Your employer may also accept the direct deposit form here. Note: Direct deposits are subject to all limits including $10,000 per deposit.
- One-Time Deposit (in-app ACH): You can fund your Fold account by linking an external bank account via Plaid and get your deposits in 1-5 business days. Please read our One-Time Deposit FAQ for more instructions.
- Bank Transfers (external ACH): Add money from virtually any U.S.-issued bank account by transferring through ACH (wires are not supported). If you have a checking or savings account, use it to add money to your Fold card account. You can manually link your bank from outside of the Fold app to add and withdraw funds.
- Log into your bank's online banking portal.
- Go to external transfer.
- Add external account (checking)
- Add the account and routing number found in Fold. (1 South Main St Attica, Oh if it asks)
- Within 1-5 business days you'll get microdeposits into your Fold account.
- Log back into your bank external transfer section.
- Verify the microdeposit amounts.
To Add money select your bank in the "To" field and Sutton bank in the "From" field.
- Third Party Apps: Venmo, Apple Cash, Paypal, and others may offer free ACH deposits and usually clear within 1 business day. (Note that they may also provide Instant Funding, but fees may be included). Methods may vary, but generally, you'll need to manually add your Fold account and routing information to the "Add a bank" section of their app and then verify microdeposits via the process above. More detailed FAQ here.
You are able to deposit up to $10,000 in a 24-hour period. Different methods may have different individual limits. You can find your account and routing numbers in the Fold App by going to the “Fold Card” tab and tapping “View Card Details.”