Yes. Purchases cannot be made at certain classes of merchants:
- Security Brokers/Dealers
- Dating/Escort Services
- Massage Parlors
- Betting/Casino Gambling
- Government Owned Lotteries
- Government Licensed Online Casinos (Online Gambling)
- Government Licensed Horse/Dog Racing
- Internet gambling
- Money Services businesses
- Firearm-related businesses (manufacturing and selling)
- Marijuana-related businesses
- Wires, Money Orders
- Non-FI, Money Orders
Specifically for the last one, it can be expanded as "Quasi-cash, currency, money orders, travelers cheques, debt repayment, loan payment, lease payment, mortgage companies (not money transfer, non-financial institution)"
Some example of known merchants that fall into these categories include Strike and Venmo.