If you apply for the Fold Card through the KYC process, and receive a message that says we can’t verify your identity, it’s likely due to one or more of the following reasons, which are primarily for your security:
- We are not able to verify your identity with the information provided.
- If you were prompted to give answers pertaining to your ID, the authentication answers didn’t match our cross-check with public records.
- You don’t meet the minimum age requirement (18) for membership.
- You used a PO Box as your address. Please use a non-PO Box address.
- There was a technical issue with the app. You can re-apply if you received an error message indicating that the app had timed out ("Something went wrong").
Sometimes when you receive an ineligibility message, you will be prompted to double-check your information and try again. Mistypes of your info can sometimes cause identity verification issues.
Typically it takes 3-4 business days to manually verify your identity. Note, during the holidays, we are experiencing longer verification times.