Once purchased, bitcoin will be marked as (Pending) in your Transaction History for 3 days. After that holding period, it can be withdrawn using the steps below.
How do I withdraw bitcoin on Fold?
You can withdraw the bitcoin in your Available Balance to a third-party Bitcoin wallet at any time. In fact, we encourage you to do so. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the Bitcoin dashboard (tap the orange B) from the Fold Card tab.
- Tap "Withdraw".
- Paste or type your personal wallet address into the field. Tap "Next". (What is a Bitcoin address?)
- You will see a summary of your withdrawal, including fees. If all looks good, tap "Confirm Withdrawal".
- Open your email associated with your Fold account. (Likely the email you use to login.)
- Search for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the Confirm Disbursement button. A website will open on the Prime Trust domain. Click the Confirm and Verify button to complete the withdrawal confirmation process.
- You’re done! Wait for the transaction to process. It shouldn’t take any more than 24 hours.
What fees do I pay when I withdraw?
There are zero fees to withdraw for both Spin and Spin+ users.
When can I withdraw my bitcoin?
Once you have purchased bitcoin on Fold, you are able to initiate a withdrawal to any wallet after a 3 day holding period from the purchase date.
Purchased bitcoin will be marked as (Pending) for 3 days. Any bitcoin in Available Balance is able to be withdrawn.
How much bitcoin can I withdraw?
While there are no minimum or maximum withdrawal limits, you will only be able to withdraw your entire Available Balance. This is your bitcoin; take custody of it.
How long does it take for my withdrawal to process?
After confirming your withdrawal, Fold processes withdrawals 3 times per day. You should see your funds in a few hours.
How do I check the status of this transaction?
You can see all transactions, including withdrawals, in your Bitcoin Transaction History. Tap on a withdrawal for more information, including status. You can also view the transaction on Block Explorer for more detailed tracking.
How do I cancel a withdrawal request?
Withdrawals that are not confirmed via the email steps noted above are cancelled automatically after 2 days.
Where is my bitcoin stored before I withdraw it?
We have partnered with Prime Trust to store your bitcoin and protect your investment. Prime Trust provides many bitcoin buying applications that you’ve probably heard of or even used. Our partnership allows Fold to focus on the buying and rewards experience, while leaving the heavy lifting of custodial bitcoin security with trusted experts.
You can read more about Prime Trust here: Who is Prime Trust?