You can find your account number and routing number in the Fold App by going to the “Fold Card” tab and tapping “View Card Details”.
How do I find my routing number and account number?
How do I add money to my Fold Card account?
Choose from several ways to add money to your Fold Card:
- Direct Deposit: Direct deposit is a convenient and free way to add your paycheck, tax refund, or government benefits check to your Fold Card.
- Bank Transfers: Add money from virtually any U.S.-issued bank account by transferring through ACH (wires are not supported). If you have a checking or savings account, use it to add money to your Fold card account. You will most likely need to verify two test charges to link your account. The Fold Card is a checking account with Sutton Bank. Fees will vary depending on the sending bank. We expect to allow you to make bank transfers in-app soon, so stay tuned.
- Cash Deposits: You can add cash to your Fold Card at any ATM, for a fee of $3.95. The ATM operator may charge additional fees.
You can find your account number and routing number in the Fold App by going to the “Fold Card” tab and tapping “View Card Details.”
How do I enroll in free direct deposit?
We want to make enrolling in direct deposit as painless as possible, regardless of where the deposit is coming from.
- Paychecks: All or part of your paycheck can be direct-deposited to your Fold Card account. You will need to provide your employer a bank routing number (sometimes referred to as the ‘ABA Routing Number’) and your account number. You can find your account number and routing number in the Fold App by going to the “Fold Card” tab and tapping “View Card Details”.
- Government Benefits Checks: Your government benefits, including Social Security, SSI, SSDI, or VA compensation, can be direct deposited. Check your benefit provider’s site for enrollment instructions.
- Tax Refunds: Get your federal and state tax refunds faster than you would by mail. Just have them electronically deposited directly into your Fold Card account.
Direct deposits are subject to certain account limits [link], such as a maximum of $5,000 per deposit. Be sure to review them prior to enrolling in direct deposit.
When will my direct deposit be available?
Fold gives you access to your money as soon as the funds are electronically deposited to your card account – that can be up to 2 days faster than you’d expect.
Please note, your card account must be active and in good standing in order for electronic direct deposits to be credited to your card account. Processing of a direct deposit requires that the name associated with the direct deposit be the same as the name associated with the card account. Card load limits apply (link). Faster access to funds is based on comparison of traditional banking policies versus electronic direct deposit.
How do I deposit my tax refund in my Fold Card account?
When you have your tax refund directly deposited to your card account, you don’t have to wait for a paper check. That means you’ll get your refund faster. Bring your routing number and account number to your tax preparer, or if you’re filling out your own taxes, indicate them in the designated sections.
Where is the lowest-cost reload location nearest to me?
Some locations may not charge a fee, but others may. Load fees vary from zero to $3.95.
What is Sutton Bank?
Sutton Bank, Member FDIC, is our partner bank that issues your Fold Card and holds the funds in your Fold Card account.
If you connect your Fold Card to another app or wallet service, your account will display as Sutton Bank instead of as Fold. As the host of your funds, Sutton Bank is the official bank of record, which is why other services will display the account name as such.
That said, Fold is the service provider, and you should contact us directly with any support needs. We're always here for you.
How do I fund my Fold Card instantly with Venmo or Paypal?
- Add money to your Venmo account.
- Go to the hamburger menu and choose "Transfer Balance."
- Select "Instant" (not "1-3 biz days")
- Select "Transfer to" and add the Fold Card as a debit card (if you chose "1-3 biz days, you will not be able to add a debit card, only a bank - do not add your Fold Card as a bank account if you want instant transfers).
- Make sure you have a Paypal Cash account (sign up from the main Summary page).
- Add money to your PayPal account.
- Link your Fold Card as a debit card.
- Withdraw to the Fold Card via instant withdrawal.