Choose from several ways to add money to your Fold Card. Read the details about each one so you can pick the method that best suits your needs.
Free from fees
- Recurring Deposits: Recurring Deposits allow you to deposit funds into your Fold Card from your bank account using a scheduled routine*. Set an amount and a frequency and that's it. Read more here: How do Recurring Deposits work?
- *Get rewarded with an Extra Spin every day as long as you have an active recurring deposit scheduled of at least $100. Read more here: More About Extra Spins.
- Direct Deposit: Direct deposit is a convenient and free way to add your paycheck, tax refund, or government benefits check to your Fold Card. Check out our Direct Deposit FAQ for more info or download our direct deposit form here
- One-Time Deposit (in-app ACH): You can fund your Fold account by linking an external bank account via Plaid and get your deposits in 1-5 business days. Read our One-Time Deposit FAQ for further instructions.
- Bank Transfers (external ACH): Add money from virtually any U.S.-issued bank account by transferring through ACH (wires are not supported). If you have a checking or savings account, use it to add money to your Fold card account. Initiate the link from the external bank (they will send 2 small microdeposits to your Fold account which you'll have to verify). After linking, you can send money using your Banks external transfer function. Read our Bank Transfers FAQ for more information.
Some fees may apply
- Instant Debit Card Funding: You are able to fund your Fold account with an external Debit Card.
- Spin+ subscribers: For our Spin+ subscribers, the first 3 transfers of each month are free. Each deposit is limited to $500. After the first 3, there will be a 1.5% fee.
- Spin users: If you are not a Spin+ subscriber, all instant debit transfers have a 1.5% fee. Read our Instant Debit Card Funding FAQ for further instructions. And read more about Spin+ benefits on our Compare Plans page.
- Third Party Apps: You can link your Venmo or Apple Cash account in the same way you connect an external bank by verifying microdeposits. They both offer bank transfers that generally process next business day and instant transfers (for a fee) to transfer all or a portion of your balance to your Fold Card. See our Third Party Funding FAQ for details
You are able to deposit up to $10,000 in a 24-hour period. Different methods may have different individual limits. You can find your account number and routing number in the Fold App by going to the “Fold Card” tab and tapping “View Card Details.”